Daniel Martínez Roura was born the 13th. May 1981 in Besalú (Girona, Spain). He studied Piano and Vocal Accompaniment at the Conservatorio Superior de Música in Salamanca with Sophia Hase, Eduardo Ponce and Javier San Miguel, and he achieved the best marks.
He lives in Berlin, where he has studies the Bachelor (2012-2015) and Master (2015-2018) in Composition at the Universität der Künste Berlin with Prof. Dr. Manolis Vlitakis and Prof. Elena Mendoza.
He has played in festivals and concerts both as soloist and as chamber pianist. Together with the flutist Angeliki Sousoura he founded the Duo Kontrapunkt, devoted mainly to contemporary music but also comprising classical repertoire.
He has composed soloist, chamber and orchestral music, among other pieces „Fragmentos del olvido“ for baroque violin, baroque cello and cembalo; „Duo I“ for clarinet and snare drum; „Kaleidos“ for flute, clarinet, percussion, piano and string quartet; “…strsión…(IS)aac” for flute, clarinet, piano, violin, violoncello and bluetooth speaker; „Serigrafías de un espacio inacabado” for orchestra; “En turbio y mago sol envuelto” for Xylophon/Marimbaphon, harp and piano; “Donde lloran los vientos” for orchestra; and “Widerschein” for flute, clarinet, violin, viola, violoncello and piano. He has also composed electronic musik, for example: „Fotosound“ and „Um Kaleidos“.
· 2017 International composition prize Barcelona Modern Project.
· 2016 Composition and performance prize Hanns Eisler.
· 2016 Composition Prize of Junges Kammerorchester Reinickendorf for the Piece for Orchester geographisches Kompasshaus. Berlin (Germany)
· 2009 SGAE Prize for “Sardanes“ for the piece Jugant. Manlleu (Spain).
· 2004 Composition Prize “Francesc Basil de Figueres“ (Spain) for the piece Besalú, museu obert.